Effective from: April 5, 2018
PL-31 Acceptable Use Policy for Email Services
This page contains the Acceptable Use Policy for Email Services that applies to all clients and individuals that use email services provided by Sencia Canada Ltd. (Sencia). A client agrees to be bound by all the terms and conditions established this policy, including any future amendments. A client acknowledges and agrees to the continual compliance of this policy, in order to ensure the integrity, security and reliability of the email services and its networks, systems, facilities and data.
Spam and Bulk Email
A client may not send or attempt to send unsolicited email messages (spam). Spam violates many international, federal and provincial laws. Sending spam can lead to industry blacklisting of the client's business and mail servers, resulting in interruption and/or termination of the client's email services. In the absence of positive, verifiable proof to the contrary, Sencia considers complaints by recipients of emails to be proof that the recipient did not subscribe or otherwise request the email(s) that resulted in the complaint.
The Client Agrees Not To:
- Use Sencia's email services to send email in violation of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation or other anti-spam laws.
- Send unsolicited commercial or bulk email. Please keep in mind that your definition of “unsolicited” or “unwanted” email may differ from your email recipients’ perception. Exercise judgment when sending email to a large number of recipients, even if the recipients elected to receive emails from you in the past.
- Send or attempt to send spam from Sencia's network.
- Send or attempt to send spam from third-party networks using a return email address that is hosted on Sencia's network.
- Send or attempt to send spam that references an email address hosted on Sencia's network.
- Send email messages that result in complaints from the recipient or from the recipient's email provider.
- Send email messages that result in blacklisting of the sender's email address or mail server.
- Send email messages that are excessive and/or intended to harass or annoy others.
- Continue to send email to a recipient that has indicated that he/she does not wish to receive it.
- Take any actions intended to cloak the client's identity or contact information, including but not limited to intentionally omitting, deleting, forging or misrepresenting message headers or return addresses.
A client is prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of Sencia's network. Any violations may result in criminal and civil liabilities to the client. Sencia may investigate any alleged violations and will cooperate with law enforcement agencies if a criminal violation is suspected. Examples of violations of the security of Sencia's network include, but are not limited to:
- Accessing data not intended for the client.
- Logging into a server or account that the client is not authorized to access.
- Attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system.
- Breach of security or authentication measures.
- Transmit viruses, malware, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature.
- Distribution of content that harms or interferes with the operation of networks, servers, or other infrastructure belonging to Sencia or others.
- Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network.
- Taking any action in order to obtain services to which the client is not entitled.
Fraud and other Deceptive Practices
Individuals using Sencia's email services may not access another user’s email account without their explicit permission. Sencia's email services may not be used to trick, mislead, or deceive other users into sharing information under false pretenses.
Don’t phish for users’ data such as login information, passwords, financial details, or government identification numbers, or use Sencia's email services as part of a scheme to defraud others.
Sencia's email services may only be used for lawful purposes. Individuals using Sencia's email services must not assist, encourage, or permit any individuals in engaging in any of the activities described in this section.
Clients may not use Sencia's network to create, transmit, distribute, or store content that:
- Violates a trademark, copyright, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights of others.
- Violates export control laws or regulations.
- Violates the privacy, publicity, or other personal rights of others.
- Impairs the privacy of communications.
- Contains obscene, offensive, unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, or otherwise objectionable content as reasonably determined by Sencia.
- Encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability.
- Constitutes deceptive on-line marketing.
- Violates reasonable regulations of Sencia or other service providers.
- Causes technical disturbances to Sencia's network, its partner networks, or the network used by the client to access Sencia's email services, or violate the policies of such networks, including, but not limited to, intentional introduction of any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system or data.
The client is responsible for all content that is transmitted, received, and stored by Sencia through the client's use of Sencia's email services. Sencia takes no responsibility for content passing through or stored on the Sencia's network, including but not limited to, viruses, mail floods or other disabling features, or content provided on third-party websites that are linked to by content passing through or stored on the Sencia's network. Sencia does not adopt, nor warrant the accuracy of, the content of any linked website and undertakes no responsibility to update the content. Use of any information obtained via the Sencia's network is at the client's own risk.
Sencia reserves the right to suspend or terminate a client's access to the email services upon notice of a violation of this policy. Indirect or attempted violations of this policy and actual or attempted violations by a third-party on behalf of a client shall be considered violations of this policy. You can report violations by emailing us at sencia%23ca|support.
Sencia may amend or modify this Acceptable Use Policy at any time at Sencia's discretion to reflect changes in the law, Sencia's data collection and use practices, products or services features, or advances in technology. Any such changes will be posted on Sencia's website, so individuals should review the policy periodically. If Sencia makes a major change to the policy, clients may be provided with appropriate notice in accordance with legal requirements.
Continued use of Sencia's products and services shall constitute acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes. If an individual using Sencia's email services objects to a revision, the individual may cease using the product or service.
For questions about this policy, email us at sencia%23ca|support